The event where Apple will unveil the iPhone 6S to the world is coming quickly, just under 3 days away. We decided to compile a definitive list of all of the rumors we’ve heard, and put only the ones we’re pretty sure are correct. We feel confident about this list.
Let’s cut to the good stuff. Here’s what we’re expecting:
- A9 Processor
- Similar (almost the same) design as the iPhone 6
- 2 GB RAM
- 12 Megapixel Back Camera
- 5 Megapixel Front Camera (for even more beautiful selfies…)
- 7000 Series aluminum (about 2x as strong as aluminum currently used on iPhone 6/6+)
- Force Touch (Or 3D Touch)
- Improved Touch ID
- New color option: Rose Gold
- Possibly a darker “gray” on Space Gray color variant
- Sold in 16, 64, 128 GB capacities.
- Slightly smaller battery than iPhone 6 (but with iOS 9 efficiency, should get the same or better battery life than iPhone 6)
- No sapphire display
Release date? Well, the event is on September 9, 2015. Pre-orders will likely begin on September 11, 2015, and a likely release date for the iPhone 6S will be September 18, 2015.